If you do not wish to use our do-it-yourself guides, we suggest this cancellation service:
Gold’s Gym is a fitness center with franchises in 38 states and 22 countries. As a member, you receive access to many types of classes and equipment. Eventually though, you may decide to move on to another gym. The process for cancelling your membership is detailed in this post.
To get started on cancelling your Gold’s Gym account, you will need:
- Address of your Gold’s Gym location
- Member number with Gold’s Gym
- Reason for cancellation
- Your address on file with Gold’s Gym (including zip code)
- Last 4 digits of your social security number (for account verification purposes)
- Last 4 digits of your drivers license (for account verification purposes)
- Your date of birth (for account verification purposes)
- Last 4 digits of account Gold’s Bills (for account verification purposes)
- Username and password (if registered for online access)
Steps to Cancel
Create a cancellation letter, which should include all account information and be addressed to your Gold’s Gym location. If your Gold’s Gym uses the billing company ABC Financial, you must also send a copy of the letter to them. ABC Financial will accept a faxed copy at 501-992-0802. The letter to your gym location should be sent via certified mail, return receipt requested.
Each gym has procedures for membership cancellations, and handles cancellations differently. Some gym locations use a billing company, some are corporate locations and cancellations are handled through Gold’s Gym corporate offices, and some locations handle their own cancellations. If you have a copy of your contract, the cancellation instructions will be included. You can also call your gym and ask what the procedures are.