Equifax helps consumers to monitor their credit and handles issues with identity theft and credit reporting. The company offers services for monitoring credit and identity, which are typically charged monthly.
To get started on cancelling your Equifax account, you will need:
- What type of Equifax services do you have? (identity alerts, credit watch, credit reporting, credit rating)
- Equifax credit report reference number (Located at the top of your Equifax Credit Report)
- Username/user ID
- Date of birth
- Last 4 digits of SSN
- Last 4 digits of driver’s license
- Current address listed on credit report
- Full name on credit report
- Equifax order number
- Equifax account number
- Email address on file with Equifax
Steps to Cancel
- The easiest way to cancel by calling Equifax’s Customer Service Center 24/7 at 1-866-807-7461. You will need all of the above information, particularly your social security number.
Cancellation policy from company website: https://help.equifax.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/31
You may be entitled to a pro-rated refund for any subscription product purchased but not yet provided.
All free trials of Equifax products require that you enroll as a member. This obligates you to take the steps necessary to cancel your membership even after the free trial has ended.