Cardinal Fitness is a gym and fitness center chain that operates four locations in the Chicago metro area. The gym focuses on being affordable, local and convenient for members. The membership may have worked well while you had it, but you’re moving out of the area or you’ve reached your fitness goals and taking a break for some time. Either way, the cancellation details are below.
To get started on cancelling your Cardinal Fitness account, you will need:
- Address of your Cardinal Fitness location
- Account number
- Full name(s) on file
- Address on file
- Email on file
- Reason for cancellation
- Last 4 digits of the subscriber’s social security number
- Last 4 digits of the subscriber’s driver’s license
- Date of birth
Steps to Cancel
- Write a letter that includes the date, your name, identifying information like date of birth, driver’s license number, and the last four digits of account being billed. Make sure to include your billing address on the letter as well. Also include the address of the gym location where you signed up for membership, your signature, the date and membership number and client’s name. Explicitly state your desire to cancel and request that it be done effective immediately. If you are still within your contract (less than a year, or not month to month) you may need to show proof of a move or injury. Some gyms may allow a buyout of the contract. It is advised to call your gym ahead of time so that you know the terms of the agreement.
- Get address of location where contract was signed and send cancellation letter, via certified mail return receipt requested, to this location.
- Call the gym in question a week or two later to confirm that the membership was cancelled.
Follow up with the gym, and keep an eye on your account statements to confirm no future billings take place.
A 30-day written notice is required to end the membership. You are still responsible for any charges that occur within the 30 days after your notice to cancel.