To get started on canceling your Yahoo account, you will need:
- Email address
- Security question answer
Steps to Cancel
- On the top right hand corner of the page at yahoo.com, you will see “Account Info.” If you believe you are being charged by Yahoo, scroll to the very bottom of the Account Info page and click on “view your Yahoo premium services” and it will open any billing information or products that you are being charged for under your Yahoo account. The option to cancel should be found in this area.
- If you only want to delete your Yahoo email account, then you will need to scroll to the bottom of your “account info” page. In very small print at the very bottom, you will see Terms | Privacy. Click privacy, and towards the bottom you will go to the section titled “YOUR ABILITY TO EDIT AND DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT INFORMATION AND PREFERENCES.” In the third paragraph of this section, you will find the hyperlink “account deletion.” Click this and a new window will appear.
- You will need to re-enter your password, enter the captcha code, and then click the button under Yes terminate this account. It will take 90 days for your information to be fully deleted from the user database.
Hulu Plus is a monthly subscription for users to gain access to television shows that typically show on cable networks. The service offers viewing privileges on various devices aside from PCs, such as tablets and mobile phones. If you’ve enjoyed this service but are weaning yourself off television (we kid!), or you are looking to cut costs in general, we have placed the cancellation steps below.
To get started on cancelling your Hulu Plus account, you will need:
- Email and password
Steps to Cancel
- You can cancel your account by logging in on the Hulu website and clicking on Account under your name, and then choosing to “edit” your subscription under “Billing Information” and clicking on the “cancel” option.
- Click on your user icon in the top right corner of the screen. This will take you to your account page. Personal information will be in a box on the upper left hand side of the screen. Click “Update Personal Info.”
- The popup screen will have multiple fields, at the bottom of those fields, in small blue letters is “Delete my Hulu account.” Click this and it will ask for your password then confirm cancellation.
- If you’d rather just stop receiving emails: Under your account, at the bottom left hand of the screen, under Privacy and Settings is “manage email notifications.” Click on that and it will have several boxes that you will uncheck, and then click save.
If you are a paid member, you must cancel your Hulu Plus subscription before you can delete your account.
Hulu Plus can be cancelled at anytime. While there are no refunds, you can prevent future billings by cancelling your subscription and going to a free Hulu account. All free trials bill at the end of the free trial and auto renew each month. You must cancel in order to prevent further charges.
Amazon Prime is a paid membership to access extra benefits on an otherwise free online retail site. For example, Prime offers expedited shipping, free movies, music and books, and other benefits. However, you may not do enough online shopping to justify the membership. In that case, the cancellation steps for Amazon Prime are below.
To get started on cancelling your Amazon Prime account, you will need:
- Email address of subscribing member
Steps to Cancel
- Log into Amazon.com account with your email address and password.
- Click the “Your Account” option under your name at the top right.
- Choose the “Manage Your Prime Membership” option.
- Click “do not auto-renew” or “do not upgrade.” Choosing this option will ensure you receive Prime benefits for the remainder of your membership. At the end of your current period, your membership will expire and your card will not be charged.
When signing up for a free trial, you may not purchase anything with the Prime account (utilizing the free two-day shipping). If you do, then you have committed to the Prime membership and cannot cancel or refund the $99.
Many users sign up for a “Free Trial” whereby they are charged $99 and if they decide to cancel, they can do so by clicking “cancel prime membership” rather than “do not auto-renew” and they will immediately be refunded $99.
You cannot refund the $99 prime membership if you have purchased anything through Prime.
TrapCall is a service that allows you to unblock blocked calls that try to reach you. Different features allow a user to blacklist callers who harass you, and possibly even record phone calls that are incoming. However, you may not need this service as much as you originally thought, or your need for it has gone.
To get started on cancelling your Trapcall.com account, you will need:
- Phone number with Trapcall.com
- Pin number with Trapcall.com
- Reason for cancellation
- Name on account
- Date of birth of account holder
- Gender of account holder
Steps to Cancel
- Log into your TrapCall.com account and visit the cancel account page.
- Enter phone number and PIN.
- Follow the prompts to cancel your account.
Make sure that you properly deactivate from your “handset.”
You may discontinue service at any time. However, you will not receive a refund of any unused balance in your account. You must pay for services through the date you discontinue service. You must properly deactivate TrapCall from your handset after cancelling your account.
Comcast cable is typically a package of television channels, and sometimes comes bundled with internet for a household. If you are moving, changing your service, or getting rid of your television (imagine that!), the steps below are listed for cancelling your Comcast account.
To get started on cancelling your Comcast cable account, you will need your:
- Comcast account number
- Email address on file with Comcast
- Password on file with Comcast
- Your full name on file with Comcast
- Your phone number on file with Comcast
- Last four digits of the credit card number Comcast bills (for account verification with Comcast)
- Full billing address of credit card on file with Comcast (including zip code)
- Your date of birth (for account verification with Comcast)
Steps to cancel
To cancel your Comcast Cable account, call 800-266-2278. You will need to verify your account by providing your Comcast account number, the full name on the account, and the password set up for your account. You may also need to provide your full billing address, the last four digits of the credit card being billed, and the date of birth of the primary account holder. Request services to be terminated.
Comcast typically is a hassle-free cancellation. You may need to return equipment to your closest Comcast Cable location. There will generally be one final bill generated after the cancellation for services used prior to the cancellation date.
Ebay is the world’s online marketplace; a place for buyers and sellers to come together and trade almost anything. If you’ve made a purchase on ebay and you need to cancel it for some reason, see the instructions below.
To get started on cancelling an ebay transaction, you will need your:
- Email address associated with your ebay account
- User ID for ebay
- Password for ebay
- Full name on account
- Billing address
Steps to cancel
Log onto your ebay account. Go to Purchases. Select the purchase you wish to cancel and select cancel.
Cancel the purchase as quickly as possible. If you cancel the purchase before it has been shipped, it is a very simple one-click process. If the purchase has already been shipped, you will be responsible for returning the purchase. You will be charged and then credited for the purchase once it is returned. You may also be responsible for the return shipping fees.
If the order has already been shipped, go to the Customer Support/Resolution Center, open a new case. Select the correct purchase. In the box provided, state that you no longer want the purchase, the purchase was made in error. Submit. You will receive a reply from the seller with instructions on how to return the purchase.