Hulu Plus is a monthly subscription for users to gain access to television shows that typically show on cable networks. The service offers viewing privileges on various devices aside from PCs, such as tablets and mobile phones. If you’ve enjoyed this service but are weaning yourself off television (we kid!), or you are looking to cut costs in general, we have placed the cancellation steps below.
To get started on cancelling your Hulu Plus account, you will need:
- Email and password
Steps to Cancel
- You can cancel your account by logging in on the Hulu website and clicking on Account under your name, and then choosing to “edit” your subscription under “Billing Information” and clicking on the “cancel” option.
- Click on your user icon in the top right corner of the screen. This will take you to your account page. Personal information will be in a box on the upper left hand side of the screen. Click “Update Personal Info.”
- The popup screen will have multiple fields, at the bottom of those fields, in small blue letters is “Delete my Hulu account.” Click this and it will ask for your password then confirm cancellation.
- If you’d rather just stop receiving emails: Under your account, at the bottom left hand of the screen, under Privacy and Settings is “manage email notifications.” Click on that and it will have several boxes that you will uncheck, and then click save.
If you are a paid member, you must cancel your Hulu Plus subscription before you can delete your account.
Hulu Plus can be cancelled at anytime. While there are no refunds, you can prevent future billings by cancelling your subscription and going to a free Hulu account. All free trials bill at the end of the free trial and auto renew each month. You must cancel in order to prevent further charges.
Plimus has changed its name to BlueSnap. Market, sell and buy goods and services around the world online and on mobile. It offers multiple options for clients to process payments through their websites, so that companies can accept credit and debit cards all over the world. If your company has gone the all-cash route (imagine that!) or has no need for this service anymore, we have included the steps below to cancel BlueSnap.
To get started on cancelling your BlueSnap account, you will need:
- User name
- Email address
- Company name given
- Website address given
- Full name given
- Did you sign up as a seller an affiliate or a shopper?
Steps to Cancel
- If you are a customer, you will need to fill out a support form. To locate the support form follow these steps:
- Go to bluesnap.com and locate the three horizontal lines contained in a white square. This is your menu button. Click that button and it will open a list of options. Click support and then click on shopper support. Scroll down and you will find the Customer Support form. To complete the form you will need your order reference number, reply-to email address. Don’t forget to click the button “cancel subscription” or “refund” or any other applicable category. Then select “next. Their team will be in contact with you.
- You can find Merchant support in the same manner as above, except under support you’ll click Merchant support rather than shopper. Cancelling as a merchant, you will need to speak with a representative directly. To do this, have your Merchant ID ready when you call. It is likely that you will not speak directly to a representative at first. Many calls are directed to leave a voicemail and you will receive a call back.
- Please direct all correspondence to the following mailing address:
Blue Snap Inc.
142 N. Milpitas Blvd. #435
Milpitas, CA 95035-4401
Their contact information is by phone at (866) 312-7733, Monday through Thursday. BlueSnap uses recurring billing for memberships. Be patient but persistent with your cancellation, as it may take time to get a reply.
A cancellation will only cancel future billings. BlueSnap does not provide refunds.
Amazon Prime is a paid membership to access extra benefits on an otherwise free online retail site. For example, Prime offers expedited shipping, free movies, music and books, and other benefits. However, you may not do enough online shopping to justify the membership. In that case, the cancellation steps for Amazon Prime are below.
To get started on cancelling your Amazon Prime account, you will need:
- Email address of subscribing member
Steps to Cancel
- Log into Amazon.com account with your email address and password.
- Click the “Your Account” option under your name at the top right.
- Choose the “Manage Your Prime Membership” option.
- Click “do not auto-renew” or “do not upgrade.” Choosing this option will ensure you receive Prime benefits for the remainder of your membership. At the end of your current period, your membership will expire and your card will not be charged.
When signing up for a free trial, you may not purchase anything with the Prime account (utilizing the free two-day shipping). If you do, then you have committed to the Prime membership and cannot cancel or refund the $99.
Many users sign up for a “Free Trial” whereby they are charged $99 and if they decide to cancel, they can do so by clicking “cancel prime membership” rather than “do not auto-renew” and they will immediately be refunded $99.
You cannot refund the $99 prime membership if you have purchased anything through Prime.
The daily newspaper in San Jose, Calif., the San Jose Mercury News reports on local, national and global news. If you’ve moved or need to cancel your subscription, see below for detailed instructions.
To get started on cancelling your San Jose Mercury News account, you will need:
- Subscriber’s full name
- Mailing address
- Email address (if online access)
Steps to Cancel
- Call 1-800-870-6397 from Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., and request that your account be cancelled. Make sure to ask for a confirmation number, as some clients claim that they still receive cancelled subscriptions.
- You can also email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the subscriber’s full name and mailing address or email address depending whether you signed up for home delivery.
The easiest method is by phone. There are many ways to control and modify your subscription on their customer care website. You will need to have a username and password to access the customer care online. You can also create an account, but if you’re just going to cancel the membership it’s easier to call.
Make sure to check your bank account statements to ensure your account has been canceled.
Equifax helps consumers to monitor their credit and handles issues with identity theft and credit reporting. The company offers services for monitoring credit and identity, which are typically charged monthly.
To get started on cancelling your Equifax account, you will need:
- What type of Equifax services do you have? (identity alerts, credit watch, credit reporting, credit rating)
- Equifax credit report reference number (Located at the top of your Equifax Credit Report)
- Username/user ID
- Date of birth
- Last 4 digits of SSN
- Last 4 digits of driver’s license
- Current address listed on credit report
- Full name on credit report
- Equifax order number
- Equifax account number
- Email address on file with Equifax
Steps to Cancel
- The easiest way to cancel by calling Equifax’s Customer Service Center 24/7 at 1-866-807-7461. You will need all of the above information, particularly your social security number.
Cancellation policy from company website: https://help.equifax.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/31
You may be entitled to a pro-rated refund for any subscription product purchased but not yet provided.
All free trials of Equifax products require that you enroll as a member. This obligates you to take the steps necessary to cancel your membership even after the free trial has ended.
TrapCall is a service that allows you to unblock blocked calls that try to reach you. Different features allow a user to blacklist callers who harass you, and possibly even record phone calls that are incoming. However, you may not need this service as much as you originally thought, or your need for it has gone.
To get started on cancelling your Trapcall.com account, you will need:
- Phone number with Trapcall.com
- Pin number with Trapcall.com
- Reason for cancellation
- Name on account
- Date of birth of account holder
- Gender of account holder
Steps to Cancel
- Log into your TrapCall.com account and visit the cancel account page.
- Enter phone number and PIN.
- Follow the prompts to cancel your account.
Make sure that you properly deactivate from your “handset.”
You may discontinue service at any time. However, you will not receive a refund of any unused balance in your account. You must pay for services through the date you discontinue service. You must properly deactivate TrapCall from your handset after cancelling your account.
The United Readers’ Service is a magazine service. The company, in operation since 1972, operates out of Ohio and is a provider of many different magazine titles. If your current magazine subscription (whether you ordered it yourself or received it through a gift) is through the United Readers’ Service, you will need to cancel with them – not your magazine itself. In this post, we’ll explain how to do this.
To get started on cancelling your United Readers’ Service account, you will need:
- Full name on account
- Full address on account
- Account number
Steps to Cancel
- Call (888) 369-7323 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST.
- Speak to a representative and request to cancel. If your contract is still current, you may not be able to cancel your account. In this case, you still may be able to get out of the contract by disputing the charges with your bank.
Typically, this company will offer a discount or shorten the terms of the contract, instead of cancelling. It is usually possible to switch magazine subscriptions as well.