Online dating is more popular than ever, and new dating sites are popping up everywhere. Mate1 is an example of one of these. One day, you may look up and say to yourself that it’s been a fun journey, but it’s time to cancel your Mate1 account.
To cancel your account with Mate1, you will need your:
- Username with Mate1.com
- Password for Mate1.com
- Reason for cancellation with Mate1.com
- Full Name on file with Mate1.com
- Address on file with Mate1.com
- Email on file with Mate1.com
- Date of Birth
To get started:
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Go to settings and scroll down to subscription status.
- Follow remaining steps to cancel.
- If you simply want to delete your profile, go back to settings and click on “delete my account” and follow the steps.
Note: if you cancel your membership in the middle of a month, you won’t get a refund for the time you’ve had your membership for that month. Make sure to cancel before your next billing period starts.
Also note: Mate1® and Mate1.com® is a federally registered service mark of Mate1.com Inc. Howtocancel.com is not affiliated with, connected to, sponsored by, or associated with, Mate1.com Inc.
If you’re a member of a gym, there’s a good chance that the financial end is managed by a company called ABC Financial Services. This company helps many nationwide gym franchises to manage memberships and accounting. This information may help when you decide that you’d like to cancel your gym membership, because you won’t deal with your personal gym – you’ll probably need to contact ABC Financial to handle the cancellation.
Cancelling your gym membership can be complex, so we’ve listed the steps. If you’d like us to help further, we offer a cancellation service to help you get free and clear. See the bottom of this page for this option.
Please note that ABC Financial Services has a few rules about cancelling. If your membership term is still in effect, you may only cancel if you have moved at least 25 miles from location you were at when signed up ($125 fee); or for documented medical reason with letter from doctor ($30 fee). Without these, your contract must be completed before canceling your membership.
To cancel your gym membership through ABC Financial Services, you will need:
- Address of your Anytime Fitness Location
- Name on file with Anytime Fitness
- Address on file with Anytime Fitness
- Email on file with Anytime Fitness
- Reason for Cancellation
- Date of Birth
- Last 4 digits of SSN
- Last 4 digits of Drivers License
To cancel your membership:
Email a signed cancellation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or send a certified letter request, return receipt, to:
PO Box 6800
Sherwoord, AR 72124
Your letter must include your:
- Phone number on file
- Account number
- Last 4 numbers of your social security number
- Last 4 numbers of your driver’s license
- Date of birth.
You had great intentions when you signed up for a New York Sports Club gym membership, but now the monthly charges are just piling up on your credit card statements. You’re ready to cancel – but where to start? It can be tricky – with this company, you need to complete a multi-step process. Also, there may be specific rules in your state about cancelling your account.
According to their website, Sports Clubs’ cancellation policy allows members to cancel their memberships according to the following:
• Non-commit memberships may be cancelled for any reason and at any time by giving Sports Clubs 30-days written notice.
• Commit memberships may be cancelled once the minimum time period on the Membership Agreement is fulfilled (generally one year or two years). Once the time period has elapsed, members may cancel at any time by giving Sports Clubs 30-days written notice.
• The two scenarios under which a member holding a Commit membership may be released from the terms of the Membership Agreement are (1) qualified medical reasons which prohibit the member from exercising, and (2) relocation of primary residence beyond a minimum distance, from a Sports Clubs location (this distance varies by state).
• Under each of these two scenarios, the member is responsible for paying a cancellation fee. This fee varies by state.
Members may initiate the cancellation in person at any club location, or by sending a cancellation request by Certified Mail to the club or the Member Services department. If the membership cancellation occurs in a club, members will be required to sign a Notice of Cancellation, a copy of which will be generated for their records. Members who cancel by mail can request that a Notice of Cancellation be sent to them.
To get started on cancelling your New York Sports Club account, you will need:
- New York Sports Club Account or Member Number
- Address of your New York Sports Club Location
- Full Name on file with New York Sports Club
- Your Address on file with New York Sports Club
- Reason for Cancellation
- Your Date of Birth (for account verification with New York Sports Club)
- Last 4 digits of your Social Security Number (for account verification with New York Sports Club)
- Last 4 digits of your Drivers License (for account verification with New York Sports Club)
- Last 4 digits of your Bank Account or Credit Card Number New York Sports Club Bills (for account verification with New York Sports Club)
- User Name and Password (If registered for online access)
Steps to Cancel
Mail a certified letter to the address below stating that you would like to cancel. Address letters to :
Town Sports International
Attn: Member Services
1 Highpoint Drive
Chalfont, PA 18914
You can also fax your signed letter to 215-565-2664.
If you need a break from your membership but you know you’ll come back, New York Sports Club allows members to “freeze” their memberships when they know in advance that they will not be using any of the clubs. During the freeze period, members pay a monthly maintenance fee of $15 in lieu of their standard dues. During this time, you may not use any of the clubs or services.
You must freeze your account for at least a month and cannot freeze for more than 12 months. If you have a contract agreement for 1 or 2 years and freeze your agreement, you still must finish out your contract after you release the freeze on your account. No getting out of that original contract!
If you’re still not having success with cancelling your New York Sports Club account, HowtoCancel offers an easy cancellation service.
Company contact information
You can call them by phone Monday-Friday from 8:30am – 6:30pm at 877.258.2311 (877-CLUB-311).
Their mailing address is:
TSI Member Services Department
1 Highpoint Drive
Chalfont, PA 18914
You can also email them at CommitCancel@town-sports.com or via their contact form.
Have you ever paid for a service or membership that you only used a handful of times? Do you get irritated when the companies that provide these services or memberships charge your credit card frequently even though you no longer use them? Do you get even more irritated when you spend your personal time researching how to cancel these services or memberships? Do you get extremely irritated when these companies provide no clear steps on how to cancel their services or memberships? Do you get so angry that you stop trying and end up just paying the monthly service or membership fees to avoid the irritation of trying to figure out how to cancel them?
Well, we have some really good news for you! We personally spent thousands of hours researching and compiling information on how to cancel these services and memberships so, you don’t have to. Our team diligently constructed detailed directions on how to cancel these services and memberships. Just go to our main page and click on the “Steps to Cancel”. Then, find the name of the company that you wish to cancel. After that, follow the detailed instructions on how to cancel that service. Last but not least, celebrate that you no longer are constrained by financial burden that these companies have inflicted on you.
If you do not feel like spending your time going through these steps on how to cancel your service, there is a great site called CancelWizard.com. They jump through all of the hoops for you so that you can relax and have these annoying services or memberships cancelled in a timely matter. Lastly, if there is a company’s service or membership that isn’t on our list, please feel free to send an email to hello (at) howtocancel.com Once we have received the email, we will go out there and get the information for you 🙂