24 Hour Fitness is the world’s largest privately owned fitness chain maintaining around 400 clubs worldwide. If you are looking to cancel your 24 Hour Fitness membership on your own, read on.
To get started with the cancellation process, you will need:
- 24 Hour Fitness Membership Agreement
- Access to a phone
Steps to Cancel
- Obtain your 24 Hour Fitness Membership Agreement.
- Determine if you are within the three to five day grace period from the beginning of your membership.
- If you are within this period you may cancel in person or over the phone and receive a full refund.
- If you are beyond this period, your cancellation process will depend on what type of membership you have.
- For “Basic/Loyalty Monthly” Memberships you can cancel by providing notice either in person, on the phone, or in writing. Upon this request, future dues will be cancelled and your last month’s prepaid dues will be applied to the account. We recommend cancelling in person or on the phone to ensure that the staff member explains the process in detail and you obtain as much documentation as you can.
- For any other type of membership, we recommend heading to your local 24 Hour Fitness location and asking to speak with a staff member about the cancellation process for your membership type. Often, memberships with commitments or terms are only eligible to be canceled for reasons such as death, disability, relocation, or military deployment.
Be sure to note what type of membership you have. The type of membership is listed on the first page of your agreement paperwork. 24 Hour Fitness details the specifics of their cancellation process depending on your membership 24hourfitness.com/membership/cancel/
If you have additional concerns or questions, contact the 24 Hour Fitness customer service line at (800) 308-8179.