California Family Fitness started in 1994 as a full-service fitness center for adults and children alike. The current president is Mr Randy Karr. The corporate office is located in Orangevale, California though it operates twenty fitness centers throughout California.
California Family Fitness centers offer health and fitness related services including a wide variety of fitness classes such as yoga, dance, swimming and indoor cycling. They offer personal training programs to help customers’ meet their fitness goals and needs, as well as their budget. Each gym has a childcare center staffed with CPR and AED certified employees that have passed a background check and completed a Cal Fit Corporate Child Care Training program.
Child care services are offered to children ranging in age from three months to 11 years. Pre-teen family members (ages 12 and older) are welcome out on the workout floor. California Family Fitness knows that physical health is not limited to weights and cardio work. They offer classes in self-defense, CPR and babysitting plus a youth basketball clinic and a yoga workshop.
There are a variety of membership options for new members to choose from, including a free 7-day trial or to join for $2 and get two months free. New members may also join the fitness center at $39 per month with no contract and no commitment. New members ready to hit their fitness goals hard may opt for the Membership Plus Training plan for $99. This will get them their first month of membership plus three half-hour sessions with a certified personal trainer. California Family Fitness also offers guest passes, event rentals and a corporate wellness program.
If you are a member of California Family Fitness and find that you need to cancel your membership for any reason, we can help you do so. We have included a simple how-to guide that will instruct you on how to contact the company and what information you’ll need to have handy when you do. Continue reading below for more information.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Phone Number
- Billing Address
- Account Number
- Date of Birth
- Amount of Last Charge
- Email Address
- ZIP/Postal Code
- Reason for Cancellation
- Last 4 Digits of Card
- Date of Last Charge
- Prepare a written or typed letter and request cancellation within it. Provide all of your account info as listed. Sign and date the letter and keep a copy for your records.
- Mail your letter, certified, to the address provided to you by the gym
- Call the phone number for the gym you signed up at or attended most frequently after your letter is received to ensure your account is cancelled
- Request that the agent provide you with a confirmation number or email
- Retain any confirmation numbers or emails you receive for your records
- Call the phone number for the gym you signed up at or attended most frequently
- Request that the agent walk you through the steps to cancel your account
- When asked, give the agent your account information
- Ask if you are in a contract or free to cancel
- If asked to send a letter follow our instructions to do so!