Curves is a fitness franchise. It was founded in 1992 by Gary and Diane Heavin. Gary Heavin currently serves as the Chief Executive Officer of Curves. The owners of the company are now North Castle Partners, which is an investment firm. Though the company was founded in Harlingen, TX, the headquarters are now located in Waco, TX. The company is privately owned. There are facilities in 85 countries, including the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, and Japan. The company is known as FitCurves in Ukraine, Slovakia, Serbia, Bulgaria, Romania, Kazakhstan, Poland, the Czech Republic, and Russia. Curves is designed for women only.
Curves offer a variety of classes and exercise types. The classes range from low to high intensity, so there is a program for everyone. Most classes only last 30 minutes but they have still been proven effective by the millions of members who have participated. The Cardio class is a high-intensity class that focuses on strength, cardio, speed, power, flexibility, coordination, and agility. The Boxing class is a high-intensity class that focuses on cardio, strength, coordination, and balance. Body Basics is a low-intensity class that focuses on strength-based functional movements in the arms, core, and legs. Balance is a low-intensity class that improves stability and builds a stronger core.
As a Curves member, you will get a 30-minute Total Body Circuit Workout, Experienced & Professional Coach at every workout, One-on-One Monthly Coaching Session, Speciality Fitness Classes, safe & effective machines that are designed especially for women, supportive community of women just like you, access to Curves Member Portal, and membership travel privileges. Curves memberships are $45-50 per month, depending on what classes you choose to attend as well as your location. Memberships may include an enrollment fee as well. If you would like to cancel your Curves membership, follow the cancellation instructions below.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Phone Number
- Billing Address
- Account Number
- Date of Birth
- Email Address
- Reason for Cancellation
- Last 4 Digits of Card
- Date of Last Charge
- Amount of Last Charge
- Prepare a written or typed letter and request cancellation within it. Provide all of your account info as listed. Sign and date the letter and Keep a copy for your records.
- Mail your letter, certified, to the address provided to you by the gym
- Call the phone number for the gym you signed up at or attended most frequently after your letter is received to ensure your account is cancelled
- Request that the agent provide you with a confirmation number or email
- Retain any confirmation numbers or emails you receive for your records
- Call the phone number for the gym you signed up at or attended most frequently
- Request that the agent walk you through the steps to cancel your account
- When asked, give the agent your account information
- Ask if you are in a contract or free to cancel
- If asked to send a letter follow our instructions to do so!