Planet Fitness is the premier low-cost gym provider, offering memberships for as little as $10 a month. If you decide to upgrade to a gym with more amenities (or would rather sit on the couch than go to any gym at all), you can cancel your membership with Planet Fitness. (We won’t tell anyone that you’re most likely on the couch.) In this post, we provide tips on how to cancel.
To get started on canceling your Planet Fitness account, you will need:
- Address of your Planet Fitness Location
- Full name(s) on file with Planet Fitness
- Your Address on file with Planet Fitness
- Email on file with Planet Fitness
- Reason for Cancellation
- Date of Birth
- Last 4 digits Social Security Number
- Last 4 digits of Drivers License
Steps to Cancel
This gym typically requires a written request to cancel. The steps are:
- Create a cancel request letter, and make sure to include all membership information.
- Send the letter to your gym via certified mail. Some gym locations use a billing company, so ask first or check your gym contract. Typically the last page will state the name of billing company, or the recurring charge on your bank statement or credit card will show either Planet Fitness or ABC Financial.
- If your gym location uses the billing company ABC Financial, you will need to fax a copy of the letter to them at 501-992-0802.
Include your email address in the letter, so the billing company and or the gym can easily let you know the status of your cancellation. Always call both the billing company and the gym to verify the cancellation once the certified letter has been delivered.
Some locations charge an early termination fee no matter what the circumstance. The fee can be between $50-$100 depending on the club.
Typical buyout fee (a buyout fee is a charge to cancel the contract early) is $58 plus applicable taxes.