iTunes is a media player, library, and mobile device management application. It was developed by Apple, Inc. in January 2001. Apple, Inc. was founded by Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, and Ronald Wayne in 1976. The current chairman is Arthur D. Levinson. The CEO is Tim Cook. Apple is a publicly traded, billion-dollar company. iTunes was first released by Casady & Green and was known as SoundJam MP. The name was changed when Apple purchased the software.
iTunes is available on macOS, Windows 7 (service pack 1 or later) and Windows 10 (UWP app). You must be at least 13 years of age or older to have an iTunes account. With an iTunes account, you can organize your digital content all in one place. You can store and enjoy music, movies, and T.V. shows that you already have on your phone or PC/Mac. You can utilize iTunes as the media player, playing your content in high-definition form for you. If you have a laptop/computer and phone, you can sync the items to appear in the library on all of your devices, as long as you have iTunes downloaded on all devices. All items can be backed up in the iCloud, therefore you will be able to view your content anytime and anywhere.
You can also make purchases in iTunes. You can purchase music, movies, or TV shows. You can also subscribe to different services or subscriptions via iTunes. All subscriptions will be purchased on a recurring basis using your iTunes account payment details. That will make it easier for you to manage all of your monthly subscriptions.
If you would like to cancel a subscription that was created through iTunes, you can easily do so by following the cancellation instructions below.
- First Name
- Last Name
- What product do you have
- Email address on the account
- Visit the iTunes application on your computer
- Login with the email address and password
- By scrolling down, find “Manage” at the bottom of the page
- Click “Account” in the Manage section at the bottom
- By scrolling down, find The “Settings” section
- Click “Manage” next to subscriptions
- Click “Edit” next to the subscription you want to cancel
- By scrolling down, find “Cancel subscription”
- Click “Cancel subscription”
- Visit https://getsupport.apple.com/?caller=cups
- Click “Billing & Subscriptions”
- Click “Subscriptions and Purchases”
- Click “View, change, or cancel subscriptions”
- Click “Chat”
- Insert your information in the fields provided
- Request that the agent cancel your account
- When asked, give the agent your account information
- Request that you be given a refund
- Request that the agent provide you with a confirmation number or email
- Retain any confirmation numbers or emails you receive for your records