New York Sports Club is a gym that services the New York region of the East Coast, it has branches in Connecticut and Rhode Island. The policies of membership differ, depending on the type of membership, enrollment date and the region or club’s location. You’ll have to review your membership in order to confirm the terms and conditions that apply to you. All memberships can be cancelled in accordance with the terms and conditions that you agreed upon when you signed up for membership.
Before you begin the cancellation process you’ll need to know what type of membership you have.
- Memberships without an obligation term may be cancelled at any time as long as you provide prior notice to your gym within the time frame outlined in your membership agreement. Keep in mind that cancellation fees may apply. Prior notice can be in person or in writing, if it is in person be sure to speak with a manager and get confirmation of your cancellation in writing.
- Memberships with an obligation can be cancelled in one of three ways. (1) Early Termination requires a notice along with paying a early termination fee that is based on the length of your membership agreement. (2) Medical Cancellation, cancellation can be immediate if medical documentation is provided to your branch. Keep in mind that fees may apply. (3) Moving Cancellation you must provide a prior notice along with documents that prove you are moving. Once again a cancellation fee may apply depending on your region.
- A cancellation process may be initiated by sending certified mail to the club location or to the New York Sports Club membership department, it can also be initiated in person at any club location. Alternatively you can submit a cancellation request online by using this url https://www.mysportsclubs.com/overview/policies scroll down until you find the Membership tab, click on that and then click on the Cancellation Policy tab. Once you click on that tab, you will see Submit a cancellation request, click on that and you will be prompted to follow a few steps in order to submit the request.
What you will need to cancel:
- Your New York Sports Club membership agreement, use this as a reference for any information that you may need to provide to the gym
- Your New York Sports Club membership account number
- The reason for you cancellation
- The last 4 digits of your social security number (for verification)
- The last 4 digits of your driver’s license (for verification)
- The last 4 digits of your bank account or credit card number associated with the billing (for verification)
- Your New York Sports Club online username and password (if applicable)
Steps to cancel: (In person)
- Have your membership agreement and the necessary information listed above ready, do not provide it unless prompted to do so by a manager or whomever is handling your cancellation.
- Go into the branch that you signed up at and ask to speak with a manager about canceling your membership agreement. This can be done at any New York Sports Club location but it is best to go to a branch where the employees are familiar with you.
- Make a note of the time/date and the full name of the person you are speaking with for your records.
- Be sure to remain firm in your intent to cancel, as with most gyms whomever you’re speaking with will more than likely try to keep you on as a member by offering you various deals or by offering to freeze your membership.
- Complete the steps they provide and inquire about any fees
- Ask for documentation or a confirmation number to have proof that your membership has been cancelled!
Steps to cancel: (By mail)
- Write a letter stating your desire to completely cancel your membership. Be sure to include your full name and New York Sports Club membership account number.
- If you are cancelling for a medical reason or because you are moving be sure to include any supporting documentation in the letter.
- When you mail your letter be sure to get some form of delivery confirmation so that you have proof that your letter was received. Keep this for your records.
- Mail it to: Town Sports International Attn: Member Services 1 Highpoint Drive Chalfont, PA 18914
- Alternatively you may fax your letter to 215-565-2664
New York Sports Club contact information:
- Customer service line: 1 (877) 258-2311
- Email address: CommitCancel@town-sports.com
- Mailing address:
TSI Member Services Department
1 Highpoint Drive
Chalfont, PA 18914