Cardinal Fitness is a gym and fitness center chain that operates four locations in the Chicago metro area. The gym focuses on being affordable, local and convenient for members. The membership may have worked well while you had it, but you’re moving out of the area or you’ve reached your fitness goals and taking a break for some time. Either way, the cancellation details are below.
To get started on cancelling your Cardinal Fitness account, you will need:
- Address of your Cardinal Fitness location
- Account number
- Full name(s) on file
- Address on file
- Email on file
- Reason for cancellation
- Last 4 digits of the subscriber’s social security number
- Last 4 digits of the subscriber’s driver’s license
- Date of birth
Steps to Cancel
- Write a letter that includes the date, your name, identifying information like date of birth, driver’s license number, and the last four digits of account being billed. Make sure to include your billing address on the letter as well. Also include the address of the gym location where you signed up for membership, your signature, the date and membership number and client’s name. Explicitly state your desire to cancel and request that it be done effective immediately. If you are still within your contract (less than a year, or not month to month) you may need to show proof of a move or injury. Some gyms may allow a buyout of the contract. It is advised to call your gym ahead of time so that you know the terms of the agreement.
- Get address of location where contract was signed and send cancellation letter, via certified mail return receipt requested, to this location.
- Call the gym in question a week or two later to confirm that the membership was cancelled.
Follow up with the gym, and keep an eye on your account statements to confirm no future billings take place.
A 30-day written notice is required to end the membership. You are still responsible for any charges that occur within the 30 days after your notice to cancel.
Club Fitness is a franchise of gyms in Illinois and Missouri. The gyms offer personal training, tanning, massage, and other services. If you have moved out of their area of service or you’re just ready for a change, we’ve detailed the steps to cancel your membership. See below.
To get started on cancelling your Club Fitness account, you will need:
- First name
- Last name
- City, state, and zip code
- Membership ID number from key card
- Agreement number for each member
- First and last name of each member who needs to cancel
- Date of birth for each member who needs to cancel
Steps to Cancel
To cancel your Club Fitness membership, go to this website. Fill in the requested information.
If you do not have all of the information needed to cancel online, you can call the gym and request the information.
Club Fitness charges an early termination fee of $59.00 if you are cancelling before the end of your contract period. Any other cancellation requires 30 days of notice. Once you cancel, you will be responsible for one final month’s membership dues and you will have access to the facility for one final month.
If you’re a member of a gym, there’s a good chance that the financial end is managed by a company called ABC Financial Services. This company helps many nationwide gym franchises to manage memberships and accounting. This information may help when you decide that you’d like to cancel your gym membership, because you won’t deal with your personal gym – you’ll probably need to contact ABC Financial to handle the cancellation.
Cancelling your gym membership can be complex, so we’ve listed the steps. If you’d like us to help further, we offer a cancellation service to help you get free and clear. See the bottom of this page for this option.
Please note that ABC Financial Services has a few rules about cancelling. If your membership term is still in effect, you may only cancel if you have moved at least 25 miles from location you were at when signed up ($125 fee); or for documented medical reason with letter from doctor ($30 fee). Without these, your contract must be completed before canceling your membership.
To cancel your gym membership through ABC Financial Services, you will need:
- Address of your Anytime Fitness Location
- Name on file with Anytime Fitness
- Address on file with Anytime Fitness
- Email on file with Anytime Fitness
- Reason for Cancellation
- Date of Birth
- Last 4 digits of SSN
- Last 4 digits of Drivers License
To cancel your membership:
Email a signed cancellation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or send a certified letter request, return receipt, to:
PO Box 6800
Sherwoord, AR 72124
Your letter must include your:
- Phone number on file
- Account number
- Last 4 numbers of your social security number
- Last 4 numbers of your driver’s license
- Date of birth.