TransUnion is a consumer credit reporting agency. It is one of the biggest ones, profiling 500 million consumers across thirty countries. They provide credit reports and scores, debt analysis, and credit monitoring through their subscription service. TransUnion does offer a 7-day free trial, in which you can get a free credit score, as well as a $1 credit check. If you find your TransUnion membership no longer needed, follow these steps to cancel your subscription.
You will need:
- Full name
- Social Security Number
- Email address
- Go to this https://membership.tui.transunion.com/tucm/cancelMembership.page and login to your account.
- Click on “Continue & Cancel.”
- Click on “Cancel My Monitoring.”
- Wait for a confirmation email.
- Call 1-855-681-3196 and hold to speak to a Customer Service team member.
- Request to cancel your subscription
- Make sure to ask for a confirmation number or email for your records.
Important things to note:
- Unless you cancel your subscription, you will be billed on a recurring monthly basis. To avoid being charged for the next billing cycle, cancel before the period ends.
- For the 7-day free trial or $1 credit check, you must cancel within a week, or you will be automatically signed up and charged for the monthly subscription service until cancelled.
- Once you cancel, you may lose access to your member data, including some of your reports.