Amazon offers many services available through subscriptions. While Amazon’s most well-known subscription service is their Amazon Prime membership, this article will address their other subscription services. These include Audible, Kindle Unlimited, music, magazines, software, and Newsstand. Also included are software subscriptions, apps, Subscribe and Save, and channel services. Amazon subscriptions are a great way to enjoy digital content (or automatic shipments in the case of Subscribe and Save) without having to worry about reordering. The services are convenient but you may find that you no longer want an automatic payment coming out of your account. If you find that you wish to cancel any of your subscriptions, Amazon has made the process simple.
To get started cancelling your Amazon subscription, you will need:
To Cancel Online
- Log into your account
- Navigate to the “Accounts and Lists” drop-down menu, located near the upper right corner of the page.
- Choose “Memberships and Subscriptions”
- At the bottom of the page you will find a menu titled “Don’t see your subscription?”. Within this menu, click on the service you wish to cancel.
- A list of the products you have subscribed to with this service will appear. Choose the appropriate product and choose cancel.
Follow the online prompts
To Cancel your App Subscriptions Online
- If cancelling online, follow steps 1 & 2 above.
- Select “Your Android Apps & Devices”.
- A list of your apps will appear. Find the subscription you wish to cancel. Choose cancel from the “Actions” drop-down menu, located next to the name of the app.
- Follow the online prompts.
To Cancel your App Subscription through your Mobile Device
- Open the Amazon Appstore for Android
- Tap the menu icon and select “My subscriptions”
- Find your app and cancel
Once you cancel your subscription, you will still have access to the content until the end of your billing period.
Amazon will send a renewal reminder for subscriptions with a renewal period of longer than 6 months.
If you order a subscription service through Amazon it will automatically renew until you cancel the service.
For a subscription with a renewal period longer than one month, you will receive a refund if you cancel within 7 days of the purchase date. Your subscription service will end as soon as the refund is issued.