OnStar is a subscription-based service that provides vehicle owners with several safety and convenience features. OnStar connects with equipped cars via cellular technology and is available at multiple subscription levels. A subscription must be purchased to utilize OnStar, as an equipped vehicle will not provide services without one.
OnStar offers several available subscription options include maintenance and diagnostic features, anti-theft services, turn-by-turn navigation, door unlocking, collision notification, roadside assistance, vehicle tracking, and remote access. Depending on the subscription level chosen, subscribers may have access to only a few or anywhere up to all of these features.
To get started on cancelling your OnStar service, you will need the following account information:
- Name on the account
- Address of the account holder
- Phone number for the account holder
- Email address for the account holder
- Personal identification number (PIN) for the account
- If the PIN is unknown, you will also need:
- Make and model of the vehicle
- Dealer name where the vehicle was purchased
- Monthly subscription level
Steps to Cancel:
Please note that you are unable to cancel OnStar via the internet or email. Instead, you must contact a representative via the blue button or by calling the toll-free phone number.
- To begin the cancellation process, press the blue OnStar button inside your equipped vehicle, or call 1-888-466-7827 and listen to the menu options.
- If calling by phone, press the button on your phone keypad that corresponds to the option for cancellation.
- Once you reach a live representative, request cancellation of your service. You may be asked several questions to verify your identity and confirm your authority to cancel OnStar service for the desired vehicle.
If you speak Spanish and prefer to speak to someone in Spanish, immediately press “9” on your telephone keypad after the call is answered to access a Spanish-speaking representative.