Protect America provides home monitoring at low-cost rates. They have been around for a few decades now and pride themselves on being able to accommodate just about any budget. Some of the perks that come along with being a Protect America customer are 24/7 customer service, mobile apps, and of course the lowest monthly cost in the industry. They make it very easy to get free quotes and also provide free installation. They do require a contract that is usually around 36 months long. Customers can cancel within the first 14 days if they so choose. We have provided some step by step instructions listed below if you need them.
What you will need to cancel:
- Full name on contract
- Address where the service is located
- Phone number
- Email address on file
- Account number
- Verbal password
Steps to cancel via customer service:
- Call 800-951-5111 and select option 4
- Request to cancel
- Verify whether or not you are eligible to cancel (not in a contract)
- Record the email address and any other account specifics details required for the written request to cancel
- Submit your written request to cancel and make sure that you receive notification that your request has been received and cancelled
When cancelling within the first 14 days of signing the contract, there will be a mandatory restocking fee. The request to cancel must be in writing.