America Online offers paid and free accounts, both can be cancelled online. The primary or master account is the only one that can be used to delete other sub accounts and cancel any billing subscriptions. An AOL account can be reactivated by calling customer service at 1-800-827-6364, when prompted say “reactivate“.
- Access to a web browser
- Your AOL master account username and password
- The master account security question answers
Steps to cancel:
- Open a web browser and head to the America Online website, www.aol.com
- Click Sign In at the top right of the screen and enter your account information
- Answer the security question if you have one on your account
- On the “My Account” look under “Service Options”
- Under “Service Options” click on Manage My Subscriptions
- You will be redirected to the subscriptions page and near the right side of the screen you will see Change Plan and Cancel.
- Click on Cancel and then select a reason for your cancellation from the drop-down menu at the bottom of the screen.
- To confirm click on CANCEL MY BILLING