Century Link is a telecommunications company based in North Carolina that provides telephone, internet, and television services. They are one of the largest telecommunications companies in the United States. You can create your own Century Link service bundle to help save you money, including bundling with DirectTV and Verizon Wireless services.
If you find your Century Link services no longer needed, follow the steps below.
*Important things to note:
- You must pay any outstanding balances before requesting a cancellation.
- Expect charges for any early contract terminations, which can be up to $200.
- When you cancel, make sure it is a “cancellation,” and NOT a temporary “suspension.”
- If you’d like to cancel just one part of your service, i.e. the DirectTV or Verizon Wireless services, you may have to cancel through them directly.
- They will mail any remaining deposit credits after your cancellation.
How To Cancel Your Century Link Membership:
Cancel via phone:
You will need: Your full name, Century Link account number, and phone number.
- Call 1-800-244-1111 for customer service and billing.
- Hold and transfer to the Cancellation line.
- Request to cancel your Century Link services.
- Verify your account information and that any remaining balance is paid.
- Wait for a cancellation confirmation number for your records.
While you must talk to them directly to cancel your service, you can contact a customer service representative through three different ways online:
- Send them a message via their online live chat feature.
- Send them an email through their online form at http://www.centurylink.com/
- Send an email to [email protected]