CheapOair is one of several good options for finding inexpensive flights, hotels, car rentals and more. They offer extreme periodic sales, last-minute tickets to select locations, and comparisons of both major and minor airlines and rental companies to help you find the least expensive flight, hotel, or car. Travel has gotten pricier in recent years, reflected in the growth of CheapOair and other helpful travel sites. Unfortunately, life happens and sometimes reservations need to be canceled. Has your work schedule changed? You or a family member got sick? This is how you cancel your CheapOair reservation.
Unfortunately it is most likely that your reservation is non-refundable (this is how CheapOair manages to provide low cost sales), however, if you purchased travel insurance, you may qualify for a partial exchange or refund. Either way, it is good to go ahead and cancel instead of being a ‘no-show.’ A ‘no-show’ is someone who simply doesn’t appear at the time or place of their reservation without informing anyone, and nearly 100% of the time, this will cause you to forfeit any credit or refund you might have gotten.
What you’ll need:
- Name, address, phone used when the reservation was created
- Booking number
- If you can’t find your booking number, you can use the online chat function at CheapOair to get help. You will need the email, billing address, phone, and name on the reservation.
What to do:
- Call customer service at 1-800-525-0400. Cancellation requests cannot be handled through their chat or online report service.
- Have your information ready to answer all questions. (In many cases, a refund is impossible, but the customer service representative will check your booking to see what purchased insurance you may have, and/or what exchange credit they can offer for a future booking. There is generally a penalty for cancellation, even when an exchange can be made.)
- An agent will send a unique Cancellation Password to the email you entered when the booking was made.
- When you have the password, give it to the agent when asked, in order to complete your cancellation. Depending on booking, you may also be able to complete your cancellation in a link provided in the email sent to you.