Comcast cable is typically a package of television channels, and sometimes comes bundled with internet for a household. If you are moving, changing your service, or getting rid of your television (imagine that!), the steps below are listed for cancelling your Comcast account.
To get started on cancelling your Comcast cable account, you will need your:
- Comcast account number
- Email address on file with Comcast
- Password on file with Comcast
- Your full name on file with Comcast
- Your phone number on file with Comcast
- Last four digits of the credit card number Comcast bills (for account verification with Comcast)
- Full billing address of credit card on file with Comcast (including zip code)
- Your date of birth (for account verification with Comcast)
Steps to cancel
To cancel your Comcast Cable account, call 800-266-2278. You will need to verify your account by providing your Comcast account number, the full name on the account, and the password set up for your account. You may also need to provide your full billing address, the last four digits of the credit card being billed, and the date of birth of the primary account holder. Request services to be terminated.
Comcast typically is a hassle-free cancellation. You may need to return equipment to your closest Comcast Cable location. There will generally be one final bill generated after the cancellation for services used prior to the cancellation date.