If you attempt to cancel an Archives trial-membership or recurring membership, online, you may run into an error message that looks something like this “Oops, something went wrong”. Continuous error messages can be a frustrating and debilitating problem so using the Use Cancellation Form link above may guarantee a cancellation without any sort of stress.
If you have used PayPal to purchase the Archives membership it may be drastically easier to cancel on your own compared to the hassle of dealing with customer service. You may have to cancel through PayPal is you used it to purchase your membership.
- The login information for your Archives account
- The login information for your PayPal account, only if you used PayPal to purchase the membership
- Archives’ contact information
- Go to http://www.archives.com, at the top right click “Sign in”
- Enter your login information and head to the “Membership Options” page
- Request to cancel any future renewals
- Be sure to make a follow up call or send a follow up email to make sure your membership has been cancelled successfully
*Note: This is where many people attempting to cancel their membership have run into the “Oops, something went wrong” error. If you encounter that error or any other problem then the next step is to contact customer service. Request that either your trial membership or current subscription be cancelled when you do. You are not required to give any reason for wanting your service canceled, but you can simply state “I cannot afford it” if you are asked. They may offer a discount to you, to keep you using the service, but stick with your original intent if you want the membership cancelled and ask for confirmation that it is indeed cancelled.
- Customer service telephone number: +1(888) 896-4442 available Monday-Sunday 9am-11pm EST
- Customer service email: support@Archives.com
Canceling via PayPal: (Online)
- From your web browser enter the url http://www.paypal.com.
- Enter your PayPal account information and login.
- Click Profile.
- Click My Money.
- In the My preapproved payments section click Update.
- Click Cancel, Cancel automatic billing, or Cancel subscription and follow the instructions.
Canceling via PayPal: (By Phone)
- Call the PayPal customer service line: 1 (402) 935-2050
- Ask to speak with a representative about canceling a subscription
- Make a note of the time/date along with whom you are speaking to
- Tell the representative you have an Archives membership subscription that you’d like to terminate
- Follow the instructions given by the customer service representative
- Ask for a confirmation that the subscription has been terminated, this may come in the form of a cancellation confirmation number