Plimus has changed its name to BlueSnap. Market, sell and buy goods and services around the world online and on mobile. It offers multiple options for clients to process payments through their websites, so that companies can accept credit and debit cards all over the world. If your company has gone the all-cash route (imagine that!) or has no need for this service anymore, we have included the steps below to cancel BlueSnap.
To get started on cancelling your BlueSnap account, you will need:
- User name
- Email address
- Company name given
- Website address given
- Full name given
- Did you sign up as a seller an affiliate or a shopper?
Steps to Cancel
- If you are a customer, you will need to fill out a support form. To locate the support form follow these steps:
- Go to bluesnap.com and locate the three horizontal lines contained in a white square. This is your menu button. Click that button and it will open a list of options. Click support and then click on shopper support. Scroll down and you will find the Customer Support form. To complete the form you will need your order reference number, reply-to email address. Don’t forget to click the button “cancel subscription” or “refund” or any other applicable category. Then select “next. Their team will be in contact with you.
- You can find Merchant support in the same manner as above, except under support you’ll click Merchant support rather than shopper. Cancelling as a merchant, you will need to speak with a representative directly. To do this, have your Merchant ID ready when you call. It is likely that you will not speak directly to a representative at first. Many calls are directed to leave a voicemail and you will receive a call back.
- Please direct all correspondence to the following mailing address:
Blue Snap Inc.
142 N. Milpitas Blvd. #435
Milpitas, CA 95035-4401
Their contact information is by phone at (866) 312-7733, Monday through Thursday. BlueSnap uses recurring billing for memberships. Be patient but persistent with your cancellation, as it may take time to get a reply.
A cancellation will only cancel future billings. BlueSnap does not provide refunds.
Identity Guard is a consumer service that offers protection from identity theft, insurance in the case of identity theft, as well as services for credit monitoring. A monthly fee covers your identity monitoring across certain channels. If you are replacing this service with some other form of monitoring or you’ve decided to stop monitoring your credit, the steps for canceling are below.
To get started on canceling your Identity Guard account, you will need:
- Last 4 digits of the customer’s social security number
- Date of birth
- Customer’s name
- Customer’s address
Steps to Cancel
- Send email with a signed cancellation letter, then call 1-800-452-2541. Simply call the phone number and speak with a representative. The representative will do his or her best to keep you as a customer, but if you are intent on canceling, stay resolute. They do offer pro-rated refunds. Be sure to ask for a refund and it will be issued within the next billing cycle. Make sure you have your social security number handy.
They have monthly and yearly subscriptions.
If you enrolled over the phone you may have been charged a $1.00 verification fee. The $1.00 verification fee is non-refundable. One-time products like credit reports may not be refunded.
Equifax helps consumers to monitor their credit and handles issues with identity theft and credit reporting. The company offers services for monitoring credit and identity, which are typically charged monthly.
To get started on cancelling your Equifax account, you will need:
- What type of Equifax services do you have? (identity alerts, credit watch, credit reporting, credit rating)
- Equifax credit report reference number (Located at the top of your Equifax Credit Report)
- Username/user ID
- Date of birth
- Last 4 digits of SSN
- Last 4 digits of driver’s license
- Current address listed on credit report
- Full name on credit report
- Equifax order number
- Equifax account number
- Email address on file with Equifax
Steps to Cancel
- The easiest way to cancel by calling Equifax’s Customer Service Center 24/7 at 1-866-807-7461. You will need all of the above information, particularly your social security number.
Cancellation policy from company website: https://help.equifax.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/31
You may be entitled to a pro-rated refund for any subscription product purchased but not yet provided.
All free trials of Equifax products require that you enroll as a member. This obligates you to take the steps necessary to cancel your membership even after the free trial has ended.
Freecreditreport.com provides access to personal credit reports and credit monitoring for a fee. They also offer a subscription credit monitoring service, which requires a membership. If you are looking to cancel this membership, see below for instructions.
To get started on cancelling your Freecreditreport.com account, you will need your:
- Last 4 digits of the credit card being billed
- Full name on credit card being billed
- Billing address of credit card
- Amount being billed
- Reason for cancellation
- Social security number
- Email address on file with FreeCreditReport
Steps to cancel
Call (877) 300-2506 to cancel at any time and stop monthly billing.
You must provide your social security number to cancel (for account security).
You will not be eligible for a prorated refund of any portion of your current month’s paid membership fee.
Intelius offers background checks, criminal records, reverse phone lookups, public records, phone verifications, identity theft protection, and people search. It’s a comprehensive person-searching tool and offers some membership options for various services.
To get started on cancelling your Intelius account, you will need:
- Intelius account number
- Email address on file with Intelius
- Password on file with Intelius
- Your full name on file with Intelius
- Your phone number on file with Intelius
- Last 4 digits of credit card number Intelius bills (for account verification)
- Full billing address of credit card on file with Intelius (including zip code)
- Your date of birth (for account verification)
Steps to Cancel
Go to the website while signed in and click the My Account link.
On the Account Settings page, under the My Services section, there will be a link to cancel your service.
If you wish, you may also cancel your membership by calling 1-877-974-1563.
If you don’t cancel your membership within the free seven-day trial period, you will be automatically billed a monthly membership fee for each month you remain a member.
There are no refunds for past or current month’s fees.
Experian is an online credit report and monitoring service. It is subscription-based. If you had a credit or identity scare and you signed up for service, Experian may have been very helpful. Sometimes it’s time to cut costs though, and you’d prefer to end your membership. Below, we have detailed these steps.
To get started on cancelling your Experian account, you will need:
- Experian member number
- Experian username
- Experian password
- Experian security question and answer
- Full name on file with Experian
- Your mother’s maiden name
- Address on file with Experian
- Email on file with Experian
- Your date of birth
- Your social security number
- Your driver’s license number
Steps to Cancel
To cancel your Experian membership, call Experian at 1-888-829-6560. You must be able to provide all account information correctly.
If you don’t cancel your membership within the initial 7-day trial period, you will be billed $19.95 for each month that you continue your membership. You may cancel your trial membership anytime within the trial period without charge.